Thursday, July 21, 2016

Messy Desk or No


I watched a video today about messy desks--and I watched it three times!

I was intrigued and validated when it said "The best in their field don't really worry about what their desks look like and instead get on with work."

According to this statement, I am "best in my field" because I definitely get on with work rather than spend time cleaning my desk.  But also according to this statement, I am NOT best in my field because I do continue to worry about what my desk looks like.



For now, I choose not to weigh in on whether my desk is allowed to be messy. I won't even worry about whether I am allowed to worry about what my desk looks like.  My takeaway from the video is this goal: Remember the phrase "best in my field" and use it to describe myself!

P.S. Revisit this later? "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, then what are we to think about an empty desk?" --Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment